Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, April 21, 2017

String Star Progress

It's the third week of April, and time again to share what we've been doing for this year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  This week I got out my paper plate of string blocks, checked the plan, and decided to make some of the low volume/neutral blocks that I need.


I cut some muslin squares for the foundations that I needed - 


and went in search of a few low volume strings that would work for these blocks.


Before I knew it, I had stitched up a few more blocks for my String Star!


Here's a bit of the layout, and you can see in the corners where the neutral blocks will go.


I still need quite a few more of the neutral blocks (20 total), so I'll keep making them as the year goes on. The purple blocks are not actually the row right next to red in my plan - that honor goes to orange.  Maybe next month?!

Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday!




22 comments:

Ariane said...

These are looking great!!!!

claudia said...

Very nice! I really like this pattern you are doing!

margaret said...

this is looking so good, keep saying I must make some string blocks must stop saying and do! I have stacks of thing scraps so no excuse

Vicki in MN said...

Looking good, it will be really fun watching this one come together.

Mari said...

This looks so great! I love this idea.

LA Paylor said...

so effective!

maggie fellow said...

the star is great

Kathy S. said...

Fun with strings!

The Joyful Quilter said...

This quilt is going to be FANTASTIC!!! I can't WAIT to see it come together.

Sheila said...

Looking GREAT! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE string blocks.

Cathy said...

This string star is so exciting! You are becoming the Queen of Strings!

Kate said...

Your string star project is coming along beautifully!

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Beautiful work!

PaulaB quilts said...

Your sketch has come to life, great job. Keep up the good work!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Strings are one of my all-time favorites -- your plan seems to be working well.

Nell's Quilts said...

The strings really make the quilt sing with colour and pattern. Lovely.

Katie Z. said...

Lovely!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Such a pretty block ! gorgeous sketching and piecing

Angie said...

Lookin' good! It's going to be an amazing quilt!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

It lookws great!!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love this project! I am so excited to see the next colors get added!

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous start. I like the drawing your working from. I sometimes do the same thing.