Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, December 26, 2014

Mug Rug Fun

Our Christmas Eve was pretty quiet.  We celebrated with our two grown sons last weekend, and were having other family over for Christmas dinner the next day.  So I needed a little project to work on while my husband and I watched movies and hung out together.  That morning I saw this post on Crazy Mom Quilts and right away I knew what I wanted to do!


I got a new mug from a student in my class, and it needed a mug rug!  I used a granny square block that I had already made and hand quilted it to make this fun mini quilt.  


I love making granny square blocks out of scraps, and someday hope to have enough to make a lap sized quilt.  This one, though, went perfectly with the new mug and gave me some perfect hand sewing to do on a quiet day.  

Thanks for the inspiration, Amanda Jean!  Linking up with Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

4 comments:

Karisma said...

Hi! =) I found your blog on Finish It Friday with Crazy Mom Quilts. =) I am a sucker for ceramic mugs and yes I agree it totally needed a mug rug and you made a perfect one! I love granny squares... a lap size quilt is on my sewing someday to do list =) Happy Sewing! Aloha ~

Sheri said...

Very pretty and especially with the hand stitching!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

A very lovely mini! It looks perfect with your new mug. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you the very best in 2015 Diann!

Karen said...

Your mig rug is adorable, I love how the hand stitch makes the granny square stand out.