Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Back to School!

It always seems like the beginning of August means it is time to think about school again.  Even though teachers in our district don't officially report back until August 14th, there are many trainings scheduled for this first week of August.  It will seriously cut into my sewing time!  Oh well...

For a back to school gift for my teaching partners, I made these fabric lanyards for our keys and name tags.  I used this tutorial by Gemini Stitches.  It was super easy and I made three of these lanyards in less than an hour!


I chose a couple of fat quarters of text fabric I had in my stash that seemed perfect for teachers.  Both of them have letters of the alphabet in fun fonts and colors.


For the third lanyard, I made a patchwork of both of the fabrics.  At the bottom of each lanyard, where the hook goes, I stitched across a couple of times so that the hook will stay in place. 
 
 
 
Hope my teaching partners will enjoy these and get a lot of use out of them!  I know I will!  Linking up this week with Sew Cute Tuesday and Needle and Thread Thursday.  Go check out all of the fun projects!

2 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Your teaching partners will love them. They are so much better than the cheesy district ones we have. Thank you for linking the tutorial I plan to make some too!

Christine S said...

They will love them!