Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Lots to do!

We just returned from a lovely trip with our two grown sons to the San Francisco Bay Area.  This trip was all about photography for my husband and boys, and here is my favorite photo from the trip:


It was a foggy day at the Golden Gate Bridge!

My Open Wide Zippy Pouch was perfect for keeping track of all the electronic gear and cords I needed to carry around.


Now that we're back, and getting back to normal, I'm ready to get back to my sewing machine.  There's lots to do!  Before we left I finished putting the top for my Scrappy Trip Around the World quilt together.  I love the look of those diamonds that appear!



I was trying to decide what to back it in, and thanks to Kelly, I decided on a black and white backing.  At Hobby Lobby, I found this adorable cat print.  I don't have a cat, but I was really drawn to this, and think it will be a fun backing!  Thanks, Kelly!



I also have gotten started on my July block for the And Sew On BoM.  I have to admit that cutting is not my favorite part of quilting, but it is definitely a necessary part!


Finally, a friend and I are going to make a baby quilt for a co-worker.  We're making a pink,  gray, and white chevron quilt based on this tutorial.  It's my job to cut up the white today (speaking of rotary cutters!)


I'd better get started!  Linking up with Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday!

2 comments:

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

I just love scrappy trip quilts, and yours is so lovely! Can't wait to see it finished!

Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation
ps- I noticed that you came up as a no-reply blogger when you commented on my post today! just fyi...

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think I fixed it! Let's hope so!