Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Thursday, June 6, 2013

A WIP for Thursday

This week I've been working on a gift for a friend who has just become a grandma for the first time. Her kids don't live close by, so it will be pretty special when they bring the grandbaby for her first visit.  I decided my friend will need a Grandma Quilt for the baby's visit!

I used some of my Kate Spain Honey Honey fabric to make this sweet quilt from a pattern called Charm Squares Baby Quilt by Elizabeth Hartman.  It can be made from pre-cut squares, but I had a honey bun, which is 5 inch x width of fabric strips, so it was quick and easy to cut.
I found the perfect backing at Hobby Lobby, this pink and white polka dot.


I'm working on quilting it this week with straight lines, 1/4 inch on either side of the long seams.  I'm not sure yet if I'll add more quilting in the other direction or not.  



I don't work with pastels very often, so this has been really fun!  I can't wait to give it to my friend next week at our quilt group meeting!
 
Linking up with Cindy at Live a Colorful Life for Really Random Thursday.

2 comments:

Jeni B Quilts said...

I love your quilt! I have used that same pattern a few times, its one of my go to's if I need a quilt fast.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It has been quick and easy to make, and I am loving the results! I would definitely make it again!