Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, July 29, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2016 - July

The month of July has been a fun and productive one for me for my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks and other sewing!  And my assorted collections of blocks are starting to look like quilts in the making!

I have 42 sixteen patch blocks!  I love how they look, all laid out together.


Last week, I showed off my 14 Scrap Jar Stars, but here they are again, just because I really love them!


I have 15 little monkeys  - because this little guy just demanded to be made with a Hawaiian shirt!


I also added to my double four patch collection of blocks, as well as made myself a new, summery tote bag, and some coasters.  There are piles of blocks everywhere in my sewing room, just waiting to find out what will happen in August!

See you over at the ScrapHappy Saturday link-up tomorrow at SoScrappy!






15 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

You are a master of scraps. I love them all!

Libby in TN said...

You've been busy! I love all your little projects.

Chantal said...

You have tamed a lot of scraps. I love your two-toned scrap jar blocks. Just gorgeous! ;^)

Kate said...

You have three fun quilts in the works with your scrap blocks. I'm really crushing on your Scrap Jar Stars, those are too cute.

Angie said...

What fun to see all those colorful blocks playing together!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I agree with everyone else. You have some great scrap quilts happening! It is hard to pick a favorite :)

Vicki said...

Oh, that 16-patch! I HAVE to start one of those! All of your blocks are beautiful.

Cathy said...

Thanks for posting a pic of your scrap jar stars; I've been thinking about them all week! You had a great and productive sewing month!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You should be quite pleased with your progress, as each of those block sets are adding up to be transformed into three BEAUTIFUL quilts!!

gayle said...

You've put scrapjar stars on my mind lately...
Love all your blocks! (With a particular fondness for the monkeys!)

Katie Z. said...

So lovely!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

love all the scrap projects and your sewing room in the previous post is lovely! :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

love all the scrap projects and your sewing room in the previous post is lovely! :)

Ivani said...

It is fun to see all the blocks togheter. You have great collections that will make gorgeous quilts. Have a great week.

PaulaB quilts said...

That 16-patch is just great put together. So is the other, love the interlocking of the two themes. You really had a productive month!