Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, April 8, 2016

All the Oranges

It has happened the same way each month this year.  Angela announces the color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and I go on a treasure hunt.  What fabric have I got that I can make my blocks out of?  Is it orange or too red?  Is this one really orange or more yellow?  Look at those adorable orange buttons! Decisions, decisions!

                            

And then I google "shades of orange" and find this...


Who knew there were so many oranges!  So, I can use them all!  And with such fun results.


I love how my first Scrap Jar Star turned out - it reminds me of orange creamsicles or Cuties, the tasty little oranges that I eat all winter.


And in my stash, I found the perfect low volume fabric to go with an orange 16 patch - candy corn!  (And we all thought brown with pink was so yummy!)  I'll be using this one again!


So it has been a fun first week of orange, and I still have more blocks to make!  Better get back to work.  I'll be linking up with Angela over at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday.  See you there!




16 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your orange blocks are looking great. I need to get busy on my RSC blocks too!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love both of your blocks -- that candy corn fabric is terrific!

gayle said...

As one of orange's biggest fans, I'm really loving your blocks! (And that candy corn print is the sweetest touch!) (Sorry sorry sorry...)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Your blocks look great! I don't have a lot of bright orange but seeing all the shades you have found is an inspiration because I do have orange variations :)

Sue Noetzel said...

I am loving your scrap jar star block. You are making great progress with orange this month.

Alison V. said...

These all look awesome!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You REALLY had a productive week!! LOVE that color chart that you found on Google, too. Who KNEW there were so many shades of ORANGE?!?!?

LA Paylor said...

creamsickles! My favorite! And all the shades of orange...there should be a rule one must use all shades together.

PaulaB quilts said...

Good for you using all the orange shades, gives nice variety, especially the creamsickles.

Peggyinno said...

I love that color chart you found! Amazing oranges! That candy corn fabric to too cute! Is it a newer fabric? You've made great blocks again this week!

Magpie Sue said...

What a great chart. I have the same problem when I look at my stash of oranges. Everything from rust - almost brown - to light orange and orangey-yellow! Ack!

Ivani said...

Great orange blocks and the candy corn fabric is too cute.

Angie said...

Wow - thanks for the orange color chart! And your blocks turned out yummy!

Cathy said...

Wow! So many shades of orange. You sure have a lot of those on the chart. Love the touch of candy corn. Cute.

Sandra Walker said...

You've got some great oranges there; my supply is probably of if not the lowest in quantity in my stash. However it was fun to pull for one of my two RSC projects. That low volume candy corn you've got is just so perfect!

Kate said...

Beautiful oranges in those blocks. It's amazing the range of colors that are considered orange.