Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, June 19, 2015

Simple Things

Simple things always make me happy!

A young hawk using our bird bath to cool off:


The little birds at our feeders probably aren't so happy he is there, but I love the variety of wildlife we are able to attract to our suburban backyard.

My favorite souvenirs from our recent trip to Oregon include rocks, shells, and bits of driftwood from the beaches we visited.  I think I will add "beachcomber" to the skill description on my resume!


A simple sewing-related thing that made me happy today was replacing the old pillows that I put inside the pillow covers I made in the last year or so with real live pillow forms which are the correct size for the covers!  I made these with the best of intentions: to dress up some old, tired, gray pillows we had for our couch.  Unfortunately, I didn't quite match the size correctly and the pillows looked kind of slouchy and wiggly.  So today I put 18 x 18 pillow forms inside them, and love the difference it makes!

Before:                                                   
After:
Here's to the simple things in life!  Happy Friday, everyone!



2 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

What a special visitor. I have a pair of Cooper Hawks decimating my bird population this summer. But they have been fun to watch. Now there are three little ones-that is a lot of big mouths to feed!

Sandra Walker said...

It's amazing what a difference fresh pillow covers do to brighten up a room!! (especially if they're the right size, lol) I need to buy another 17 or 18" one... Wow on the hawk in your bird bath! Robins, yes, but hawks?! I love seeing up close and personal Nature stuff like that; today I brought home a bird's nest that had obviously fallen out of a chestnut tree. I will show it to my grandson when he comes and we can marvel at the engineering. :-)