Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, March 24, 2014

Charm Pack Cherry Love

When I saw all the examples from other bloggers who were making this quilt, I knew I wanted to make one, too.  It definitely helped that Fat Quarter Shop was having a sale on their charm packs at the same time!  It wasn't long before my Moda Bella White and Color Me Happy charm packs came in the mail, and I got to work.  I  just love the result.  L.OV.E it!



I love the blues and greens with little touches of pink and gray that this fabric line has.  It gives the quilt such a fresh, clean look.  It's the first time I've worked with so much white, and I love that about this quilt, too.

I can't decide which fabric is my favorite.  There are many fun ones to look at up close:



 
 
For the backing and binding, I found a pretty navy blue with green polka dots at my local Hobby Lobby.  Can't wait to get back to work on it this coming weekend when it will be Spring Break!
 
Linking up with Blossom Heart Quilts for Sew Cute Tuesday and Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation.
 

 
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this fabric line too! I think it's my favourite V and Co line so far! It looks so sweet in your Charm Pack Cherry!

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

This is fantastic! I love the Color Me Happy fabric.

Serena @ Sewgiving said...

I haven't seen that fabric line yet? Where have I been?? Love what you did with it, such a lovely quilt :)

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

cute fabrics. I've been eyeing that pattern as well!

Thanks so much for showing this off at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Micki @ 2 Dogs Studio said...

I have watched the video for the Charm Pack Cherry quilt top...so easy but the resulting quilt looks much for complicated. Your fabrics remind me of spring or summer. Nicely done.