My Improv Stripes quilt is finished, and I took it up into the mountains the other day to take a few fun photos of it.
I just love this little quilt - almost to the point of ridiculousness - is that a word? I was trying to figure out why.
I love that it is made completely of scraps - including the batting, backing, and binding - from other projects. I started with the goal of using up some gray solid yardage that I had, and I mixed it with light prints in pinks, yellows, greens, and blues. The backing is a lighter gray with tiny white dots and the binding is Kona Daffodil.
I had fun with the quilting. It is my "modern" version of a Baptist Fan design - curves going one direction for awhile, and then turning and going in another direction. My Hera marker and walking foot worked great for making this quilting easy.
I loved participating in the QAL sponsored and inspired by Debbie at A Quilter's Table. It has been a lot of fun to see what other quilters have done with the technique that Debbie showed us - every project was so different and interesting to see!
My improv stripes turned out about 34 x 35 - just a bit more rectangular than square. It would really make a sweet baby quilt, but I don't have any babies coming along at the moment who need a quilt, so I will set it aside until someone does!
And one more thing! I love that I know I'm not done with improv stripes. I want to try it again, with different fabrics, and making my stripes a bit more wonky and uneven for fun, inspired by all of the other Improv Stripes I've seen in the last couple of weeks!
Hope you are having a lovely weekend! I'm linking up with Cynthia over at Quilting is More Fun than Housework for Sunday's Oh Scrap!